Hearing loss is usually a gradual process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you monitor the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can expose potential hearing problems. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy settings? Are you continually turning the volume on your TV up? If you said “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing test every decade and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing problems, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will provide a reference frame for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, like earwax accumulation, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be recognized early on by routine hearing exams, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, managing it might help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing test with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.